Author Topic: 88 Mustang Road Race/Track Day/Autocross car for sale  (Read 381 times)

Offline Mayhem83

• speed addict
  • Administrator
    • Mayhem Racing Home Page
88 Mustang Road Race/Track Day/Autocross car for sale
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:55 PM »

1988 Mustang Road Race/Track Day/Autocross car. Has fiberglass hood and hatch. Chassis came from Dallas, TX and has no rust. Right now there is only enough wiring in the car to make it run and be legal for race track use. Partials spares list includes;
1.   Front bumper cover and fenders painted at the same time the car was painted.
2.   Spare Cobra R fiberglass replica hood that needs repair and paint goes with the car.
3.   Two sets of 17X9 wheels with useable track day tires.
4.   Two sets of 17X8 Cobra wheels, one set has tires on them.
5.   Pair of 17X8 wheels with old drag radials on them.
6.   Two 255lph fuel pumps for a stock tank with AN fittings on both pumps.
7.   Spare rear end parts including a 4.10 ring and pinion.
8.   Spare tail lights.
9.   Everything I have for a Mustang goes with the car including two wiring harnesses that could be used to turn this back into a street car.

Details of what is on the car are as follows;
383 cid Windsor based short block with forged crank, forged h beam rods, forged pistons, main girdle. Canfield heads with 58cc chambers. Comp Cams Xtreme Energy XE284H cam kit wirh Pro Magnum rockers. Made 463 Hp and 457 Tq on the engine dyno at Wheeler. Since the dyno, I have changed from a 650 cfm main body on the carb to a 750 with removable air bleeds. Canton road race oil pan with air to oil cooler with itís own fan. Big aluminum radiator with dual electric fans.
TKO 600 transmission with the revised shift selectors that fix the high rpm upshift issue from 2 to 3. All new bearings in transmission last winter.

Front suspension is a stock rack on a Griggs cross member with tube control arms. Maximum Motorsport MM3 struts with coilover conversion. SN95 spindles with rod end style bumps steer kit installed and set. Cobra R front brakes. Stock sway bar.
8.8 rear end with 3.73 gears and limited slip. Has rear ventilated disc brakes from a Turbo Coupe. Boxed upper Motorsport arms. Solid bushing rear and big rod end front on the lower rear arms. Carrera series 21 rear shocks with coilover springs to eliminate the rear arm mounted spring. Stock rear sway bar.

22 gallon fuel cell. FT3 rated, not the cheap plastic gas can type cell. Dual electric fuel pumps. Full custom 8 point roll cage with window net. Full manual Brake conversion. Car has current SCCA log book. Sparco Evo 2 seats with full camlock harnesses.

The car had a small engine compartment fire at the last track day I ran with it. You can see from the photos that it was not extensive. The fire damage that has not been addressed is replacement of the rack (or at least the right side bellows). Also, the alternator wiring is burned up. Unrelated to the fire is the driveshaft needs balancing. There is a driveline vibration that is tied to vehicle speed, not engine speed, over 100 mph.

This car is very fast and very fun. I do not know what lap times it has done at BIR as I have not run a timed event there, with this car, in three years.

It is just time for me to move on. Asking $8000.00 for everything. I do have the TX title. Call or text sicks1too 8seven5 for7oh7 or send me a PM.

The car is in Stacy, MN. I will deliver it anywhere reasonable for the right price. Cash only, no trades.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 08:38:53 PM by Mayhem83 »
Mark Utecht
Just another car guy